Growing Up Handmade Blog Tour Kickoff!

Welcome to our debut Growing Up Handmade blog tour!  I am so excited to be hosting this amazing group of bloggers, they have some really great ideas to share with you all!

logoguh.jpg

As a mom to a fabulous, independent, driven and sometimes full of attitude 9 year old, it’s been increasingly difficult to find that common ground when it comes to homemade clothing.  I have to be sure to find trendy fabrics and patterns so that what i’m making doesn’t just hang in the closet unworn.  I thought if I was having this issue there had to be others in the same boat, and wouldn’t it be great to have a whole week dedicated to ideas and styles that might make everyone’s job a little easier?!  So that brings us here!

photo-1-11

Follow along this week for lots of ideas that you can hopefully incorporate into your summer lineup!  BUT to sweeten the week, we have an AWESOME group of sponsors and we’ve been able to put together TWO incredible prize packages totaling over $500!!!!!

growing up handmade sponsors

Your first chance to win is simple, just click HERE and check out all our fabulous sponsors!  Contest ends on Thursday 4/20 and winner will be announced on Friday the 21st.   This prize package includes over $100 in giftcards for fabric from Raspberry Creek, Phat Quarters and Purpleseamstress, the FULL Girls Boho pattern collection from Petite Stitchery plus additional patterns to bring that fabric to life from Winter Wear, Hey June, Made for Mermaids, Greenstyle, Love Notions, Patterns for Pirates, Striped Swallow, SisBoom, EYMM, Simple Life Pattern Co and StitchART free motion.

Our 2nd package includes $70 in fabric giftcards from So Sew English and Simply by Ti, plus your choice of a pattern (or two in a few instances) from each of the following designers Winter Wear, Hey June, Made for Mermaids, Greenstyle, 5 out of 4 Patterns, Striped Swallow, EYMM and Simple Life Pattern Co.   To enter for THIS package just join our linkup party!!  One person that shares will be randomly chosen and announced on Friday also.

Here is our lineup for today!
Handmade Boy | Paisley Roots | Cucicucicoo: Eco Sewing & Crafting

And our full schedule for the week –

Tuesday – April 18th
Beri Bee Designs | Phat Quarters | Sewing By Ti | Sew and Tell Project

Wednesday – April 19th
Courtney Zadik | Rebel & Malice | Vicky Myers Creations

Thursday – April 20th
Pattern Revolution | Skirt Fixation | SewSophieLynn | EYMM

Friday – April 21st
Round Up and Giveway Winners

71 thoughts on “Growing Up Handmade Blog Tour Kickoff!

1. Stacy @ Stylin' Stacy April 18, 2017 / 7:37 pm

Great idea for a tour! My girl is almost twelve, so I have definitely had to deal with the changing tastes over the years. She still loves her handmade wardrobe, though. My son is 13 and he just wants t-shirts and hoodies. Luckily they are easy to make. 🙂

2. Amanda April 19, 2017 / 2:40 pm

My biggest challenge is fitting, but also why I make clothes. My 3y.o.has the leg length of 5T.

3. Heather Quinlan April 19, 2017 / 2:57 pm

My biggest challenge is how fast my littles outgrow the clothes. And trying to find boy patterns for my older kids. Also, there aren’t very many patterns that cover all of my kids sizes.

• beribeedesigns April 19, 2017 / 2:58 pm

Heather do you mean a size range out of one pattern? What sizes are you looking for maybe we can help 🙂

4. Laura April 19, 2017 / 5:24 pm

My biggest challenge is sewing what my kids will actually wear. While I would love to make sweet O+s dresses for every day of the week, I end up making knit basics instead! My kids are tall and skinny so I make leggings, shirts and comfy dresses that are long enough and the occasional fancy church dress.

5. Eliza April 19, 2017 / 7:57 pm

My grand daughter is only 6 but wears a 14 or 16 in girls. She is impossible to buy clothing for and just as difficult to sew for. No stripes, no ‘dots’, no flowers, no prints without horses….. I am looking forward to this blog tour.

6. Michelle April 20, 2017 / 2:46 am

My kids are still young, but they like to pick out their own fabrics. I navigate that by letting them be a part of the selection most of the time. Then sometimes I just make them something exactly how I want it and that doesn’t bother them either 😉

7. jauxford April 20, 2017 / 11:09 am

My 10 year old loves for me to sew for her. The challenge for her is that she’s quite small for her age. A lot of times the styles are off for a ‘tween’ since she wears a size 7.

• beribeedesigns April 20, 2017 / 11:39 am

I often have to make adjustments. My daughter is very slim and while the length on most 8/10’s fits great her waist is closer to a 6. That’s the beauty of being able to sew for her though!

Liked by 1 person

8. Heather April 20, 2017 / 11:52 am

My 4yo is a joy to see for and ALWAYS has been- “Mommy you made this for me?!?! I love it, it’s beautiful!’ My 6yo is a pain! Even when I recreate something she already wears regularly wears it’s a battle to get her to wear it! Yet of course when I make her sister something but not her the exact same thing I get ‘in trouble’ too!

9. Melonie Corder April 20, 2017 / 1:20 pm

Thank you! What a great idea to start summer off right 🙂

10. Kathleen Kelley April 21, 2017 / 1:50 am

My biggest challenge is trying to find boy patterns that my 10 yr old grandson is cool with.